These terms (together with the documents referred to on it) (“Terms”) tells you the terms and conditions of use on which you may make use of the Sense Infosys (SIS) website and mobile application (“SIS”), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use SIS. By using SIS, you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use or access SIS.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
SIS is a company website operated by Sense Infosys Pte Ltd (“We“, “us” or “ours”). We are registered in Singapore (UEN: 201302506E) and have our registered office at 30 Toh Guan Road #08-05 Singapore 608840.
Access to SIS is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on SIS without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason SIS is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of SIS, or our entire website or application, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to SIS. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access SIS through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
When using SIS, you must comply fully with the provisions of these Terms at all times.
If you are using SIS in your capacity as an employee, officer, independent contractor, adviser, agent or other representative of a company, partnership, business, or other entity (“Company”), you are agreeing to these Terms for the Company and personally guaranteeing and representing to us that you have the legal authority to bind such Company to these Terms, in which case the term “you” shall refer to such Company. If you do not have such authority, you must not accept these Terms or use SIS.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in SIS, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from SIS for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on SIS.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on SIS must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on SIS for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of SIS in breach of these Terms, your right to use SIS will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on SIS are for general information purpose only, and are therefore not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to SIS, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
You may use SIS only for lawful purposes. You may not use SIS :
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our SIS in contravention of the provisions of our Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of SIS;
- any equipment or network on which SIS is stored;
- any software used in the provision of SIS; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on SIS, including:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Personal messaging.
- Recruitment listings.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on SIS, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on SIS, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
The material displayed on SIS is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with SIS or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of SIS, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You shall fully indemnify us, our officers, directors, employees, partners and agents (“Indemnitees”), from and against any and all damage, loss, claim, action and demand (including economic loss, accounting fees, and court and legal costs assessed on a solicitor-client basis), suffered or incurred by any of the Indemnitees arising whether directly or indirectly from:
- your negligent act or omission, wilful default, misconduct or fraud;
- your communication or distribution of information on SIS, including your contributions;
- your breach of any provision in these Terms;
- your failure to comply with applicable laws;
- any dealing, communication, transaction, agreement or dispute between you and another user or third party in connection with or relating to SIS;
- any use of SIS by you; or
- any claim by a third party against any Indemnitee in respect of any of the above.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO SIS
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse SIS by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to SIS, the server on which SIS is stored or any server, computer or database connected to SIS. You must not attack SIS via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse and Cybersecurity Act. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use SIS will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of SIS or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKS FROM SIS
Where SIS contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of SIS. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach of these Terms, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use SIS.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to SIS.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Singapore.
Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity, breach or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC“) or at such other venue in Singapore as the parties may agree in writing in accordance with the SIAC Rules. The law of the arbitration shall be the Singapore International Arbitration Act (Cap. 143A). A tribunal shall consist of a single arbitrator to be appointed by the Chairman of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The parties hereto undertake to keep the arbitration proceedings and all information, pleadings, documents, evidence and all matters relating thereto confidential.
We may revise these Terms at any time and from time to time by providing notice to you. You are expected to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on SIS.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on SIS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting SIS.
Effective date: 2016
Last updated: Oct 17